POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stereoscopy : Re: Stereoscopy Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:28:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stereoscopy
From: Harold Baize
Date: 2 May 2002 14:25:05
Message: <3cd18481$1@news.povray.org>
Vic,
I don't see why anyone would need "sub-pixel" precision in
the placement of the view plane (stereo window). In the art
of stereoscopic photography the placement of the stereo
window is a matter of artistic license and aesthetic preference,
except when objects are eclipsed by the edge of the window.
To extend through the stereo window is fine, but when objects
are cut off by the edge of the stereo window it is considered bad,
and called "window violation". Great precision is not usually
required to avoid window violation.

Harolddd
ps. I've been distracted these last few days with that darn "real life"
thing, so haven't posted.